Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DropBox - a Lifesaving (okay, Writing-saving) Productivity Tool

It seems that I like posting on Tuesdays.  This was unintentional, but I guess routine will sometimes sneak up on you!

Anyway...

Today is March 15, which means I only have a couple more weeks before my self-imposed deadline.  Unfortunately, things are progressing much slower than I had hoped.  In part, that's my fault, because last week was not very productive for writing.  This happened for a number of reasons, but suffice to say, I let myself get distracted. 

This week, I'm trying to keep my butt in my chair as much as possible.  Luckily, I've been introduced to a new tool that will aid my progress.  It's called DropBox, and it's a super easy way to transfer files between computers.  All you have to do is save your file to the DropBox folder on your desktop and it will appear on every other computer that you've installed DropBox.  So now I don't have to go through the time-consuming process of saving the files to a flash drive and transferring them manually, or opening up Google Docs on a webpage to download the file.  It's already there!  Best of all, it's FREE!

I'll be working hard this week, and I still intend to make my deadline, come hell or high water.  I WILL have a beta-ready draft by the end of the month! 

*****************

On an unrelated side note, some of you may know that I have a Japanese exchange sister, Sachika.  In the aftermath of the earthquake, we were able to contact her.  She and her family are safe and sound, but the devastation has been brutal.  If you are interested in financially supporting the relief efforts, and want to make sure that 100% of your donation is being used directly in those efforts, you might consider donating to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.  They have pledged that "your gifts...designated for the Pacific Earthquake and Tsunami will be used entirely (100%) in response to this disaster."


No comments:

Post a Comment