Thank you Catherine!!
It's wonderful to know that my blog is being read and enjoyed by people outside my immediate circle of friends and family. Despite my Google Analytics stats (which really aren't very good, but do show that people are visiting the site) I always wonder if anyone cares what I put up here. I hope so! But in the end, Ranting, Raving, Writing is a means for me to share my thoughts and experiences. I want people to read, learn, and participate, but that's the joy of the internet: people can easily ignore the idiot standing on the soapbox if they're not interested!
In any case, the rules of this award are as follows:
- Thank and link to the person that nominated you.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award to 15 of your blogging buddies.
- Notify the recipients.
My seven facts:
- I love to garden, and this year have planted a ton of veggies. So far, they're all doing really well, but only the cherry tomatoes have started to fruit.
- I've cut out my coffee addiction, at most drinking one latte a week (it was a daily or even twice daily habit).
- Instead of coffee, I now drink herbal tea most mornings. I especially like chamomile and lemon teas, with a bit of honey to sweeten them up.
- I love wine. A good sauvignon blanc on a warm evening, or a fantastic cab with a prime steak is divine. Seriously, drink of the gods. :-)
- I've had laser eye surgery, but my vision still isn't perfect. At least I don't run into walls anymore when I'm not wearing glasses or contacts.
- I have a dog, named Foster, that is currently at "summer camp" in Colorado (spending time with my mom).
- I would love to own chickens. My city allows them, but right now I just don't have the time to care for them properly and Foster might try to eat them (he's an 80 pound husky mix).